Shipping congress that includes an Exhibition Area and Conference Programme.
Exclusive to exhibitors: B2B Meetings with international shipowners and shipyards led by Meet The Buyer (MTB) and Networking (Private cocktail parties, WMW Gala Dinner and 2nd Edition of the FINE Awards).
|09:30-09:40||Opening: Asier Atutxa (Bilbao Port Authority President)|
|09:40-10:30||Round Table: Different needs different solutions
– Moderator: Manuel Carlier (General Director of ANAVE – Spanish Shipowners Association)
– Balearia: Guillermo Alomar (Director de Flota)
– Transport&Environment: Faig Abbasov (Aviator & Shipping Officer)
– Brittany Ferries: Fredéric Pouget (Fleet, ports & Project Director)
– Gasnam – Manuel Lage (General Secretary)
– Fairplay Towage: Walter Collet (Managing Director)
|10:30-10:40||Question and Answer Session|
|10:40-10:50||Conclusions by the Moderator: Manuel Carlier – (Director General ANAVE – Asociación de Navieros Españoles)|
|10:50-11:00||Closing Session: Asier Atutxa (Bilbao Port Authority President)|
Open to professionals.
|11:15-11:20||Presentations: Alejandro Aznar (President CME – Spanish Maritime Cluster)|
|11:20-11:30||Opening: “Maritime Sector: Lever for the growth of the international industry” Andrés Sánchez de Apellaniz (Vice President of CONFEMETAL)|
|11:30-11:50||Keynote Session: Vision of the Maritime Sector: Juan Riva (Former president & member of the board of ECSA)|
|11:50-12:40||Round Table: Global Tendency and needs of the International Maritime Sector
– Moderator: Alejandro Aznar – (President CME – Spanish Maritime Cluster)
– Maritime Industry Representative – Jenny Braat (President of Europe Market Monitoring Group)
– Port Representative: Eugenio Quintieri (Senior Advisor Intermodal, Logistics , Social Dialogue, Port Governance ESPO)
– Fisheries Representative: Javier Garat (President ICFA – International Coalition of Fisheries Associations & President Europêche)
– Marine Renewable Energies Representative: Xabier Viteri (Renewable Business Director – Iberdrola Group)
|12:40-12:50||Question and Answer Session|
|12:50-13:00||Conclusions by the Moderator: Alejandro Aznar – (President CME – Spanish Maritime Cluster)|
|13:00-13:10||Plenary Session closure and World Maritime Week inauguration: Iñigo Urkullu – President of the Basque Government|
|14:00-15:30||Cocktail party exclusively for speakers at the conference, invited authorities and accredited exhibitors|
|15:30-15:35||Presentations: Alejandro Aznar (President CME – Spanish Maritime Cluster)|
|15:35-15:45||Opening: Joaquín Caamaño Seoane (Banco Popular – Basque Country Director)|
|15:45-16:25||Round Table: Oil&Gas
– Moderator: Alejandro Aznar (President CME – Spanish Maritime Cluster)
– Total: Luc Gillet (Senior Vice President Shipping)
– Repsol: Miguel Luque (Marine transport Director)
– Cepsa: Alfonso Mingarro (Cepsa Trading Managing Director)
|16:25-16:35||Question and Answer Session|
|16:35-16:50||Conclusions and closing: Alejandro Aznar (President CME – Spanish Maritime Cluster)|
|17:00-17:05||Opening and Presentation of the Guests: José de Lara (Vice President 1st CME – Spanish Maritime Cluster )|
– Moderator: Manuel Moreu (Seaplace President)
– Mexico: Jose Antonio Sierra (México Army Admiral)
– Colombia: Martín Alonso Orduz (Ship captain and Regional Manager for Latin America COTECMAR – Corporation of Science and Technology for the Development of the Naval Maritime and Fluvial Industry)
– Australia: Mark Campbell (Rear Admiral Retired – Capability and Industry Director Navantia Australia)
– Canada: Troy Sawlerr (Trade Development Executive – Investment Attraction, Defence, Security & Aerospace Nova Scotia Business Inc)
– NAVANTIA: Sofía Honrubia (Military Commercial Director)
|18:00-18:15||Question and Answer Session|
|18:10-18:15||Conclusiones a cargo del moderador – Manuel Moreu (Presidente Seaplace)|
|18:15-18:30||Conclusions. Cluster Iberoamerican presentation and closing – José de Lara (Vice President 1st CME – Spanish Maritime Cluster )|
|20:00-21:00||Cocktail Party exclusively for sponsors, guests and organisers.|
|21:00-23:30||Dinner – Open to exhibitors and collaborators upon prior registration and 2nd FINE Awards Ceremony|
|23:30||Music + Drinks|
|10:00-18:00||Private meetings organised by Meet The Buyer (MTB): 40 shipowners and shipyards mainly from the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Germany, Greece, Denmark, United Kingdom and Ireland.|
|13:30-15:00||Cocktail Party exclusively for MTB purchasers.|
|20:00-22:00||Dinner exclusively for MTB purchasers.|
|10:00-14:00||Private meetings organised by Meet The Buyer (MTB): 40 shipowners and shipyards mainly from the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Germany, Greece, Denmark, United Kingdom and Ireland.|
|13:30-15:00||Cocktail Party exclusively for MTB purchasers.|
FUTURE CHALLENGES OF THE BASQUE MARITIME INDUSTRY – NEW STRATEGIC PLAN 2017-2020 – AUDITORIUM 2
** THURSDAY 30th – Target: To introduce the basque maritime sector, an integral, diversified and international sector. Integral for the ability to build almost any boat with a VERY high percentage of local content, diversified because besides building ships they work other sectors such as marine energy, Oil & Gas …, and international because it is mainly dedicated to build for export and international markets (Not to mention local and national shipowners).
The day aims to present, through its partner companies, the challenges of the future of the Basque maritime sector: where are we and where we want to be; And wich are the opportunities at international level and those which it is already working in (Oil & Gas, Offshore Wind, River Transport, Fishing, Dredging, Mining, Cableros and other emerging vessels and innovative and high added value equipment).
|10:30-10:35||Opening Act – Javier Zarraonaindia (Deputy Minister of Industry of the Basque Government) and Jorge Zubiaga (FMV President – Basque Maritime Forum)|
|10:35-12:00||Presentaciones / Mesa Redonda: La Industria Marítima Vasca
– Moderator – Javier López de Lacalle (FMV – Basque Maritime Forum Managing Director)
– Ormazabal / Velatia Company – David Pérez (Engineering Department Director)
– Navacel – Nuria Celorio (Assistance Manager Offshore Wind)
– Wärtsilä Ibérica S.A. – Jon Sabin (Director)
– Oliver Design S.L. – Jaime Oliver (President)
– Indar Electric S.L – Joseba Hierro (Manager Indar Motors)
– Vicinay Marine, S.L. – Jesús Navas (Director of Vicinay Cadenas,S.A.)
– Sener S.A. – Juan García de la Vega (Project Director MSc Marine Engineering)
– Cintranaval – Defcar, S.L. – Javier Tuduri (Vice-president)
– CNN, S.L. – La Naval de Sestao – Javier Angulo (Sales Director)
– Remolcadores Ibaizabal S.A. – Xabier Aizpuru (Fleet Director)The event will have a brief presentation of each company followed by a colloquium in an open format with participation of the audicence to ask any question, comment or contribution to the table.
|12:00-12:25||Presentation of new FMV (Basque Maritime Forum) Strategic Plan 2017 – 2020|
|12:25-12:30||Conclusions y Closing|
Nova Scotia Business Inc (NSBI) is pleased to invite you to a brief presentation that will help you to understand some of the opportunities in Nova Scotia, Canada to expand your business into the North American market.
Nova Scotia is located on east coast of Canada and is home to Irving Shipyard where the new fleet of defence ships for the Canadian Navy will be built.
Come to the presentation by NSBI to learn about the naval shipbuilding program and other opportunities for your business.
At the NSBI presentation, you will also learn about opportunities in ocean technology and the establishment of a new, world-class ocean commercialization centre.
If you are interested in potentially doing business in Canada, this presentation will be of interest to you.
Please join us on March 30th at 10:30am in Room 5 – Level 5.